Remember a few posts back when I mentioned my colleague’s interest in my beading; which lead to me starting a beading club at work? Well, today after work I stopped by Pacific Fabrics to pick up some beads for tomorrow’s lesson. When the sales clerk saw how many tubes of beads I was about to purchase…she asked if I was gonna use the beads to make more jewelry (I was wearing a necklace I had made). I told her no, that the beads were for a class I ‘m teaching tomorrow. That’s when it happened!!! She asked me if I would like to teach beading for the store! Wow! I hadn’t thought about it but that would be great! She told me that I should consider it and talk to her manager. Well the manager was gone for the day, so I gave the sales clerk my contact information ….so we shall see. However, it goes…teaching beading yeah! That would be fun and I could make a little money on the side. More to come! Whoo hoo!
Oh I forgot to mention...I also spent the day on-line looking for a miniature garter belt for "Miss Rosetta"....don't ask... just know that I couldn't find one, so I need to figure out how to make one. I love challenges! Still working on "skinning" Miss Rosetta.
Check out Lisa Lichtenfels' !!!!! website and gallery @ http://lisalichtenfels.net/ Lisa is an example of the artist I am striving to become!!! Just in case you can't figure it out all her sculptures are simply made of pantyhose nylon, wire, batting, a little styroform for the core of the heads and needle and thread !!! Her work is simply mind blowing!!! (I have wanted this book forever! I received it as a Christmas gift from my daughter ... she is so smart, sweet and supportive!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment