Friday, December 18, 2009

Okay Celebration over: now in frenzy to finish making my Christmas Gifts!!!

There are SIX days!!! left until to Christmas and I still have several gifts to complete!! yiks!!! I got a little distracted by the two weeks of celebrating my sixtieth year... (I have be having way too much fun!!! PTL!!) and completing too many year end reports for work... plus every one I am making gifts for (especially my mom and my daughter)keeping coming through my work area/studio...Pammagination Central!

Here is a step by step progression of my daughter's gift

First I pieced and embroidered a variety of red fabrics


Next, I embellished the piece with beads, found objects and vintage jewelry. I finished off the raw edges with bias piping


I bought this great box a Ross Dress for Less earlier this year



I placed and adhered the finished piece on to the inside the box lid



This was a fairly quick gift to make and my daughter simply loved it! ( you can click on the picture to get a closer look...and yes I am still working on my photography skills.




No comments:

Post a Comment