Sweet Ms. Rosie is an elder now, But back in the day, I loved to watch Miss Rosie in worship at church. Miss Rosie has a very special relationship with God…they’d danced and she would shout! in the Spirit and it didn’t matter if no one else joined in.
I made her body back in 2009 will finish her up this week of my “staycation”!!!! ( well that’s the plan lol!) I have tons of doll bodies longing to be finished, I like making the bodies first because that's the hard part...finishing and giving them personality is the fun part!!! But I come up with so many concepts for dolls I have the build the body while the engineering of it is still in my mind!! I often dream of how to create and engineer the armature and I have to make the body while it all is still fresh in my mind!!! LOL!!!
I built Miss Rosie up from a wire armature, formed her body and "skinned" her. I sculpt several faces until I settled on this one... she still needs make up and lashes!!! :
I made her body back in 2009 will finish her up this week of my “staycation”!!!! ( well that’s the plan lol!) I have tons of doll bodies longing to be finished, I like making the bodies first because that's the hard part...finishing and giving them personality is the fun part!!! But I come up with so many concepts for dolls I have the build the body while the engineering of it is still in my mind!! I often dream of how to create and engineer the armature and I have to make the body while it all is still fresh in my mind!!! LOL!!!
I built Miss Rosie up from a wire armature, formed her body and "skinned" her. I sculpt several faces until I settled on this one... she still needs make up and lashes!!! :
I made fingernails from a drinking straw. I cut them out from a used McDonald's Sweet Tea plastic straw lol. Cut about an inch tube, split it and sanded both sides using sandpaper. I used the end of a rat tail comb for the basic nail shape template. Cut out the templates and then cut and shaped the nails according to the size of each finger. Placed each nail in order on the sticky side of piece of cellophane tape and painted each nail with nail polish ..later I will use diamond glaze to give each nail the rised rounded dimension of natural nails and once I am totally finished with Miss Rosie I will glue the nails to her fingertips.
Btw the large nail is for testing and perfecting the coat of diamond glaze
Next her wig and hat:
I found an old red straw hat in my "stuff". it was way to big, so I cut it down, resized it to fit and seal it with fabric glue. In the end I will probably cover and embellish it.
I make her wig and will set it and the hat base aside.
Next: under garments
No comments:
Post a Comment