Dating is really requires the task of balancing reality with fantasy! Well I guess that could be said about dating
at any age… But dating at 63 allows
little room for fantasy and is heavily grounded in reality…on so many levels! Lol.
And, having lived to be 63, I am trying real hard not to be
too untrusting, skeptical and guarded… yet wisdom won’t allow me to venture
too far out or too soon from my seasoned tendency to be cautious.
However, with that said…I am having fun and feeling attractive
and desirable again! That in itself is a
great and wonderful feeling!!! And,
to have a male companion to do fun things with…things I wouldn’t do alone or very
often with my girlfriends… is great too!
Anyway, many of my girlfriends complain too much about being
too old and/or what they aren’t able to do anymore. So much so, I don’t want to hang out
with some of them…the negativity is too, too draining!!!
Yes, growing old is
not always fun. And, sure age comes with
aches, pains, conditions and things we can no longer do well or
comfortably. But it is!! what it is!!! WE ARE ALIVE!!! And, we have a choice to focus on what we are
not and what we can no longer do…. Or, we can focus on the “fine wine” we are
and what we are able to do!!!
(Years ago, I had a friend who is a quadriplegic confined to a wheel since age 19!! I tell you he was an active guy!! he drove, fished, camped out...and even swirled me around the dance floor dancing while I sat on his lap!!...he was a great date!!! .
But the best thing about him is that he never focused on what he was unable to do...but always what he could...which allowed him to live a full and enjoyable life...more so than many able bodied men!! And, he dated plenty women including me!!)
Therefore, I am a believer that when we focus on what we can do, we will often discover we can still do many of the things we were so sure we couldn’t any more… most times we may just need to do it a little differently or at a different pace or version. ...whatever! JUST DO IT!!
Boot Camp Fitness class was a perfect example for me. I did it …loved it and am the better for it…
and I did it within my own capabilities.
Which are greater than I EVER imagined! I
tried Pilates…( which was created by the devil by the way) not my thing… my stomach muscles (AKA: Alice!) didn’t want
to engage in Pilates ….so I don’t do Pilates
( not yet!!) But, I do Bodyworks with
Abs Conditioning… it works for me. But the best thing about him is that he never focused on what he was unable to do...but always what he could...which allowed him to live a full and enjoyable life...more so than many able bodied men!! And, he dated plenty women including me!!)
Therefore, I am a believer that when we focus on what we can do, we will often discover we can still do many of the things we were so sure we couldn’t any more… most times we may just need to do it a little differently or at a different pace or version. ...whatever! JUST DO IT!!
Anyway, the guy I am dating seems to be a really nice fellow, but he seems more nervous about this whole thing than I am, LOL. Hopefully, his nervousness is only a temporary condition or I may have to move on to someone who is more comfortable in their own skin. But for now, he seems to be a really nice guy. So for the time being, I will continue this journey of discovery to find out who he really is and about.
There are so many mixed emotions and fears wrapped up in dating at
63!! But….I love new adventures and
taking risks! And the truth is, if I can
avoid growing old alone… I am willing to
take the risk of dating at 63!!! Yiks!!!
LOL!!
And, here’s another weird thing! I am now asking my 27 year old daughter for
dating advice!!! My how the tables have
turned. Although, she rarely ever asked
me for dating advice… I always just simply gave it!!! Blahhhhhhh!!!BTW! Here is the new picture on my screen saver!!! Aren't they stunning...they make me sigh at their beauty and smile all day!!
"Friends" by Nnamdi Okonkwo

No comments:
Post a Comment