Friday, August 15, 2014

Is Murder The New Black? …Or Just An Excepted Way Of Life In This Country?

Once again I am heart-broken, frustrated and angry!!   I live in a country where the media destroys the character and distorts and manipulates the images of Black people daily.   A country that does not value Black peoples’ lives.  

these and thousands upon thousands of other Black professional highly educated people...are not the exception ...the hype the media promotes is the exception!!
 
Every since President Obama has been in office, racism has gone turbo! ... and there has been a blatant war on black men…. the police are murdering 28 unarmed Black men per day!!!  For absolutely no reason… to … teens stealing cigars  or "back talking".    How can you justify killing our babies...even our imperfect ones…who like… other’s  babies who act out and do  and say silly things.   I mean how can you justify and why is it that when even a wild bear or animal escaping from a zoo (or whatever) can be shot in the leg and tranquillized but a black man/child has to be shot and KILLED?   Because of the hatred and the hype!!!  Because the lives of our children mean absolutely nothing in this society … That’s why.! 

 


Howard University students take a stand against police brutality. "Don't Shoot!"

       

I write this in tears and really wanting to scream and shout uncontrollably.   Last night my daughter just  told me very adamantly that she is not having children …because she refuses to bring another black child into this society!    Which means I will never have grand children do to racism.  How crazy it that!!! How sad is that!!! Sometimes this racist craziest seems like a nightmare that I will never wake up from.   There is greatest in my daughter womb that may never be born!
 

I am in constant fear and worry … that my highly educated and accomplished daughter who has done everything right…is not exempt.  Does she have to where her degrees around her neck when she is wearing jeans, a tee shirt and her natural hair tied up in a scarf???  … even though she is 29 years old, she still looks like a teenage.  Like all Black mother’s I stay on my knees and pray protection over my child.  It is  like living in a undefined war zone and the trauma of it is really, really getting to me.

I have been doing a bible study on the Fruits of the Spirit …  studying Love… this week …looking at the many ways we are commanded to love Him and especially each other.   My God!! how this country founded on “Christian Principles” has failed.   I keep reading the love  verses and commandments over and over in order to  write them on my heart….because my mind is really fighting to reject them.

 Today, once again I am mourning with the Black parents (yes we have parents...moms and dads…) who have had their children murdered by the police simply because they are Black, young, display behaviors common to any child’s during their teen age years.    White kids are…depicted  as smart mouthy , sowing wild oats, making poor judgments, emotional damaged….and are hand slapped!!   Where as our kids are depicted as belligerent, dangerous, criminal, aggressive, disposable … and are murdered.
 
I am so angry and frustrated … I really do just want to punch a hole in the wall.  I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!  TIME TO TAKE  COMMUNITY /POLITICAL ACTION!!!   WE HAVE GOT TO SAVE OUR CHILDREN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment