Sunday, May 10, 2009

I guess I am making progress after all



Today is Mother's Day...my day! well at least I hope so. Anyway, really haven't created much in the past two weeks towards my exhibition ...been consumed by work. Well that's my excuse anyway. Still blocked but I did get some foundational things done. I blended and conditioned tons of polymer clay. That is an accomplishment in it's self. Additionally, I did a lot of beading...bead embroidery is my way of relaxing and checking out. I finished my box top that l have been working on for three years. It is beautiful! Now I just need to cover and line the box. It will be an heirloom for my first grand daughter. ( although my daughter says she is only having boys...3 boys) I am gonna fill with a book of "quotes and scriptures" that I use to send my daughter daily via emails. Just want to pass on a little wisdom and truth for my grand baby GIRL! LOL!!!! While on a business trip I taught several of my colleagues how to bead embroider ( They have been fascinated watching me bead during meetings and have wanted to learn) We had great fun and when they realized that it really isn't as difficult as it appears .... well now we have formed a beading club that will meet once a month after work. Whoo hoo! playmates! I also have completed reading the The Creative Entrepreneur and am currently reading The Savvy Crafter's Guide to Success-Turn Your Crafts into a Career. So it is not that I am being idle....I just need to work on my Pammagination! projects. Oh! wait I did work on one ( movement!!!!) I made the wire armatures and layered the body foundations for "Bumppin'" 5 bodies!!! I am making progress! ... PAMMAGINATION IS ON THE MOVE!!!!!
Well my daughter just called to wish me Happy Mother's Day and to say that we are gonna have a great day and that she will be picking me up for church at 10:30am! So I better get a move on! I just love Holidays!

Afterthought: It was a glorious day! and in addition to other gifts and a good meal...My very smart daughter gave me a JoAnn's Gift Card..... it was a GOOD DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment