Sunday, June 21, 2009

How I celebrated Father's Day

Today is Father's Day...and as it has been tradition...my daughter spends the day with her God Father and I'd get the day off to do anything I want. Well, that was (and still is) a cherished gift when she was younger ... today...celebrating Father's Day is a wonderful reminder of the support and unconditional friendship her "God-P" gave me as she grew from infancy to adulthood. I am not sure what they are doing today....but I definitely have plans.

THE DYNAMIC DUO...HE'S ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR HER








So what did I do with my "me" day today...well I sculpted about 20 heads and masks... some realistic ...some fantasy. Sculpting and baking them is the easy part... finishing and colorizing for definition is the fun and time consuming part. So they will go into the head box with the other assorted 50 or 60 polymer clay, paper clay and soft sculpture cloth heads... Wait!! hold on!!! ... It's okay! This is a good thing, now that I have the heads for many of my incomplete projects...I am just steaming along...however, knowing myself I probably won't be satisfied with the head when I am ready to add it to my project...but once again , this is still not a bad thing ...because the heads I make for the projects are simply prototypes which serve as a model to hone my skill and to make personality matches...a way to make sure that the expression, the tilt, color, medium, etc. matches with the character and voice of the piece. I know my photo isn't very clear...my daughter is the photographer in the family ...I need to get her over here to help with using my camera properly...though "miss high tech" will probably tell me I need a more up-to-date camera.

God-P hasn't just been great help with raising and influencing my daughter's character and values....he's has been one of my biggest cheerleaders when it comes to my art...as such he has a house full of my art work...received as Christmas gifts...including several dolls!!! Which he actually displays. Pammagination is making it happen!! .... But, please keep praying!!!

A year or so ago I decided to take a very expensive "fine arts" sculpting course. Never have taken a "fine art" course, I was somewhat naive...to say the least. Some of you have heard my very hilarious story about the shock and amazement I experienced the first day of class, when the nude male model walked up on the podium and posed directly in front of me!!!

During the course we had 6 weeks of scuplting the nude male model posing in a sitting position...and the next six with a nude female model in a reposed position. I did finish my male piece...but in transporting him home I ...with my clumsy self... drop him. Although, the remaining class time wasn't enough for me to finish my female piece ... I did get her home in one piece. It was a good class...and a good start for me...I am still still developing and honing my sculpting skills.









No comments:

Post a Comment