Monday, August 31, 2009

Coming Up for Air !

I am really enjoying my "staycation"... besides some shopping , personal pampering and visiting with friends...I have spent most of my time in Pammagination!!! But, it's been 5 days now and it's time to take a break...my hands are killing me. I have been making /building/sculpting the wire armature bodies/skeletons for just about every design I have drawn in my sketchbook over the past year or so. This involves a lot of wire cutting, bending and molding. I primarily use coat hanger wire...so it can be challenging and hard on the hands, wrists and arms. ..( eyes too if not careful...but I always wear goggles). All of which ( my hands, wrists, and arms) have never been quite the same since my fall a couple of years ago when I cracked my tailbone...having to deal and live with a fractured tailbone took up so much of my attention and energy...I didn't pay enough attention how the fall affected the upper part of my body...anyway I don't have the strength in my hands and arms that I use to ....thus days of cutting and working with coat hanger wire can really take a toll. However, I am really excited and proud of the numerous bodies I have sculpted!!! It's great fun and so exciting to see my designs to begin to come to life!!! Although, the wire armature is simply the foundation needed in order to actually sculpt a design...it 's great the have them done and out of the way....






Tomorrow I have to go back to the gym... My daughter put the trainer she got for me on hold during July and August...because I played hookie in June...tee hee...she gave me the summer off....but she is forcing me to go back tomorrow ...September 1st. I know I need to go back....the other thing left over from my fall is the weight I gained during the year I spend lying down most of the day while my tailbone healed....well it's healed and I don't have any excuses for not exercising or losing that weight...so back to the gym tomorrow... and the sad thing is I had a really "fine!" young African American trainer...but he's no longer working at our gym I hear...so I will probably get stuck with some dog face boy... sorry....but having a cute trainer really helps one's motivation.... cougar snicker....Well, I guess on that note I should end...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment