Yesterday, as tradition would have it, our three generations ( my daughter, my mom and me) attended our church's annual Women's Day Prayer Breakfast... My daughter treated. Afterward, I took my mom on a mini-shopping spree...she wanted some brown dress shoes and blue jeans for Spring. ( I bought her a pair of stretch blue jeans about 3 months ago and she has been hooked on wearing jeans every since lol!!!)
So after church, today will probably end up being a pretty laid back day. At least, for me because I don't plan to lift a finger. However, I will spend time reflecting on how very blessed I am to have... my beautiful 84 year old mom still with me healthy, in her right mind, and sporting blue jeans as drives herself to go play bingo!!! ....and a daughter who is loving, faithful, and pursuing excellence.
Speaking of the pursuit of excellence. My daughter's best friend and her sister came to town this weekend to be with their mom for mother's day. Roz and my daughter have been friends since they were 2 years old. Their birthday's are one week apart. Roz's sister Carmen is two years older than the pair.
Easter Sunday 1991 Lolo age 6, Roz age 6 and Carmen age 8
What a blessing it is when your children have friends who are Godly and Goal oriented. That combination supports and drives the pursuit of excellence and success. I, along with Roz and Carmen's parents are so proud of our girls and the women they have become. Carmen is a RN/School Nurse, Roz is a Asst. Buyer/budding fashion designer and my daughter is a Research Lab Technician/burgeoning research scientist.
So while here the girls decided to go to a local "flavorful" night club...and once there they thought it would be fun to take a "gangster" picture at the club's photo booth. Here is their version of them "lookin' hard!"
Carmen age 26 Roz age 24 and Lolo age 24
Well, I just got the word...so I better start getting ready for church.
Afterthoughts: Once again, it was a wonderful Mother's Day. We attended church, my daughter gave me a basket of yummy toiletries, and made a wonderful dinner for mom, me and God-P. Roz dropped by to showed us sketches of and fabric swatches for her first and fabulous clothing line. She is so talented and no doubt will become a very well known fashion designer. Her line is fresh, sophisticated and will have broad appeal!!! I am so very proud of her.
My daughter also shared with me that she has landed her first photography gig with a local AA bar association, she and a friend will be the photographers for their annual gala. She is so excited and I am so thrilled for her and proud too!!! She is hoping to enter graduate school in the Fall and having a side photography business will really help to bring in some extra money.
To God be the Glory for these fabulous Godly and gifted young women!
No comments:
Post a Comment