I started with conditioning white soft fimo. Once conditioned and working on a glass cutting board, I rolled out various sizes of small tubes , to create a variety of eyeball sizes. I divided the tubes in equal fourths and used each section to roll into an eyeball. I carefully placed a toothpick into each ball and gently reshape the ball. I placed the picks into the back holes of sieves so not to touch and placed cutting board and all in the oven for curing. Stay tuned for how to add the irises.
I am determined to "refire" not simply retire!!! As a Self-taught Late Blooming Artist, this is my Journey to Realizing and Fulfilling My Creative and Artistic Dreams and the of Sharing My Blessings Along the Way !!!
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Making eyeball for Diva: Droppin it Hot and ....others
I decided to give Diva: Droppin it Hot! and sculptured clay face so that I can have more control over her facial expression. I think I want her to have opened eyes...so I needed to make her some eye balls. Well I thought, if I am gonna be in the eyeball making business ...I should make a few for future projects. Lol.
I started with conditioning white soft fimo. Once conditioned and working on a glass cutting board, I rolled out various sizes of small tubes , to create a variety of eyeball sizes. I divided the tubes in equal fourths and used each section to roll into an eyeball. I carefully placed a toothpick into each ball and gently reshape the ball. I placed the picks into the back holes of sieves so not to touch and placed cutting board and all in the oven for curing. Stay tuned for how to add the irises.
I started with conditioning white soft fimo. Once conditioned and working on a glass cutting board, I rolled out various sizes of small tubes , to create a variety of eyeball sizes. I divided the tubes in equal fourths and used each section to roll into an eyeball. I carefully placed a toothpick into each ball and gently reshape the ball. I placed the picks into the back holes of sieves so not to touch and placed cutting board and all in the oven for curing. Stay tuned for how to add the irises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment