I am determined to "refire" not simply retire!!! As a Self-taught Late Blooming Artist, this is my Journey to Realizing and Fulfilling My Creative and Artistic Dreams and the of Sharing My Blessings Along the Way !!!
Friday, April 6, 2012
Had a perfect and blessed Good Friday!!!
Celebrated Good Friday the way I typically do...Attended the "The Seven Last Words" Service. At this 3+ hour service 7 Churches from our local African American Community come together... each church is assigned a "word" for their pastor to preach on...and their choir or musician provides a musical selection prior to the sermon being preached. It a long service but filled with power, passion, great music and communal fellowship and worship! In contrast, I ended my day by attending an evening Good Friday Service of the Shadows featuring a string ensemble and mass ( Mormon Tabernacle style) choir at a local Lutheran Church who's congregation is entirely white. (which at first felt a little weird being the only black person there ....lol... I went at the invitation of a work colleague). However, even though it was very very different from my experience earlier that afternoon. It was equally as powerful , passionate and moving. It was somber, beautiful and reflective ....and a perfect way to end Good Friday!!! Two very different communities ...giving honor and thank you to the Savior of all!!! I am very glad I went to both!! Eternal Thanks Lord!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment