Friday, May 25, 2012

GIVING A DEAD EAR TO THE “FAT DEMONS”!!!!!


Okay…time for confession…I am on a weight loss plateau and having a difficult time getting past it.  Part of it is due to being sick for two weeks, which translated into eating more and no exercising. Another part has to do with, I am also becoming more social… which means that I am slipping in a few more calories over the weekend.  But, I am still eating very, very healthily and never going over 2000 on the very rare day I allow myself to splurge a little bit.  Yet, due to my commute and work schedule I am not able to exercise in the morning (six days) anymore… now just 3 evenings  and Saturday mornings. .when my work schedule allows it…I do Zumba some Sunday afternoons when I can.

  But if the truth be told now that I have come to that “place” where I feared most… getting so close to my goal and not making it!!!   I am 15 lbs away from meeting my original 100lb weight loss goal and it feels like I am subconsciously beginning to sabotage myself from getting there.  I am sure there is some formal psychological analysis for what I am experiencing … but  all I know  is,  I am experiencing an illogical fear of succeeding.   It is like the “fat demons” are trying to draw me back down into the pit!!  Even-though I am still very committed and moving forward…I can feel it deep down in the recesses of my mind ,  those “demons” chipping away at my resolve and will power. 

Maybe I have begun to depend more on my own will power than God’s Power…Maybe God is weaning me off to teach me how to operate under my own power.  Maybe I have simply repressed and not faced or  resolved all that is in my head that had  me overeating and gaining weight.   Orrrrrr,  maybe I am so crazy stressed out from all the craziness that is going on at my job  that  it is driving me to desire my old behavior of  addressing my stress by using food.  What ever it is…it has got to stop!!!!!!  Because I am not going backwards!  I am going continue to reap the blessings God has for me! 

 So, back to standing more firmly on God’s strength…and confronting whatever these “demons” are that  are trying so hard to break though my resolve… I   a’int havin’ it!!!  I am about to do some research and prayer on  whatever this is and develop whatever new strategies ,  connections, resources and plans  needed to get me to  my initial 100 lb goal…plus another 30lbs and most importantly to keep it all off.

 This is a lifestyle change for me…it is definitely time to make some more changes!!!   Maybe I have become to comfortable in my daily routines and this is my wake up call that this journey is a very dynamic and yet a very fragile process…requiring  continuous   focus, attention , presence and growth!!!  

I am  MOVING FORWARD!!!!  ( and giving a dead ear to the fat demons!!!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment