Saturday, January 30, 2010

Design Change

I tell everyone that bead embroidery is addictive!!! For the last three days in between sleeping and catching up on housework ...after being sick most of the week.. I've been working on my wearable art necklace piece. I have made some design changes. I love the gold medallion I found at Goodwill several years ago. But, I removed it because it was just overpowering the piece and I wanted to change the shape of this piece of the necklace (my design has 3 connecting pieces).

Now, sadly I am gonna have to put this piece aside for a few days...and probably only work on it during meetings or during idle times when I am required to wait for some reason. Doing beading embroidery non stop...for hours on end can be really hard on the hands...and my hands are killing me!!! Also, I wouldn't recommend doing it while reclined on the couch over an unstable lap table. Caution: you should never sit doing anything for several hours straight. It is important to get up and move a bit every 30 mins. I have a timer I use most times for this very purpose...but I used my illness as an excuse this time ...silly me.

Just remember that this piece is just in the beginning stages only about 20% complete.




my work lap tray

No comments:

Post a Comment