Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Longing For My First Love!

I know it has been awhile...but I've been consumed by work and getting ready for my trial beading class... that will happen this coming Sunday. I am so very excited about this class and my new opportunity to become a crafts instructor. I really enjoy beading...it soothes me. But, I must admit that I am really, really missing working on my dolls (my first love). I have several in various stages of being brought to life. And, it is beginning to feel like they are getting annoyed and feeling neglected. They greet me every day when I arrive home longing for attention. "Ms Rosie " sits on the curve appendage of my floor lamp...posed with her head nodded in a "flip" manner and with her new hands outstretched like she's the one in control.



The "prayer circle" dolls sit on top of my printer stretching out their handless arms to catch me every time I walk by...they fall to the floor demanding attention...and "the village it takes" posse ...all who are headless by the way... yet they still have found ways to communicate their need for attention as well... I sculpted head the of the pastor my church over a year ago...who knows when he will get a body ...he stares at me from the shelf ...and the "delta" doll I started making for my daughter 3 years ago... it's so obvious she has begun to recognize her priority in the scheme of things....as she is being overwhelmed in the space shared with 25 dolls bodies I've designed for my " Pammagination" exhibit! This is when I begin to have "lottery dreams" you know the one where you win so much that you can quit your job and spend your day doing whatever you please... At 60 ..marrying the millionarie dream is no longer an option....that would be a miracle...LOL!!!!! Anyway, as soon as I get my class groovin' and routine...back to my "babies".

Speaking of babies check out the " reborns" my friend Stephanie Block makes...reborns are all the rages in the doll making world. They are vinyl dolls that appear to be real infants... some women actually dress them , take them out in public and care for them as real babies.






2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Those babies seem so real they're kinda eerie! Does the artist make any Black reborns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are interested in one, I will asked her. Stephanie is an exceptional dollmaker!

    ReplyDelete