However, I want to keep my weight loss at a consistent and steady pace. So being the creative person that I am I came up with a creative solution!!! I have set up, what I call, home fitness stations all throughout my house that I am committed to doing every time I pass by or visit them. Each station has posted instructions and needed exercise equipment (example: resistance bands, 5lb weights, twist board, etc...I have a hoola hoop but can keep it up yet...lol...once I do...I will find a station for it...lol). Here’s an example of how it works: I pass through my hallway several times a day. Every time I pass through my hallway ( coming and going) , I run in place for 30 counts and then do 15 pull downs using a resistance band mounted on the door. (I have passed through my hallway 8 times already today!!). I figure using these fitness stations daily will at least add an hours of aerobic exercise to my day!!! And will increase my burning of FAT!!!!! It‘s been pretty easy and enjoyable to do …so far. The hardest one is the stairs…not the doing of it…but just remembering to do it without just flying up the stairs
Following are the stations I’ve set-up so far:
HOME FITNESS STATION: BEDROOM – BEFORE AND AFTER BED
10 -15: Posterior Deltoid Fly (stretch circle band shoulder height one sec in bwtn)
10 -15: Penguin (using long handled band under feet , stand on w/ legs wide apart, raise legs alternately and move in a circle)
10 -15: Bicep Curls (using long handled band under feet, lift arms at side using elbows use good posture)
10 -15: Arm Circles (using long handled band under feet, one leg forward , one back… circle arms stretching the band forward 10 to 5 counts and then backwards)
HOME FITNESS STATION: BATHROOM – EVERY VISIT
Mirror: Facial Exercises – 20 sec per visitToilet Seated:
10 -15 Bicep Curls (Using 5lbs weights )
10 -15 Shoulder Press (sit straight hold abs raise 5lbs weights straight above head )
HOME FITNESS STATION: HALLWAY – EVERY PASSAGE
Run in place - 30 times20 Pull downs (using door mounted resistance band)
HOME FITNESS STATION: LIVING ROOM
Twist Board - 20 seconds (when passing through)
Turn on CD player and dance to one song ( at least once a day)
Abs crunches during one commercial break every 30 mins of watching TV using exercise ball
HOME FITNESS STATION: STAIRS (EVERY TRIP ONLY EXEMPT W/ CARRYING SOMETHING UP OR DOWN)
Upward: 5 up, 5 down, continue upDownward: last 5 down, 5 up, 5 down again to the bottom of staircase.
Additionally, I won't allow myself to eat a morsel of food after 9pm. ( I am a night owl...so that is a real struggle for me) The only night I can eat later is Thursday because I don't get home from bible study until about 9pm.
FYI: you can get really cheap exercise equipment at Ross Dress for Less. Most items are under $10 ... go on Tuesdays if you are over 55 and get a 10% discount. Pretty cheap way to create an in home gym!!!!!
Post note: Geez! I didn't realize I walk past my hallway so often...I am really getting a good work out thoughout the entire day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment