Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Birthday 62nd Celebration was Great!!!..and not finished!!!

Spent my birthday weekend in Portland with my book club sisters celebrating our 10th anniversary ! We had a blast!!!! 11 of us took the train down and stayed at the Portland Embassy Suites Downtown Hotel.  Babs and I were roommates and we had a great suite.


Even though we are on the 4th floor of a 5 story hotel...Bab's is closing the drapes to block the view of potential voyeurs..LOL



 Day 1: 8 hour Marathon shopping...Fabric Depot and Mill Ends both stores brag about being the US's largest fabric store...and claim to have over 1.5 acres goods. We also spent time in Portland's largest and most popular thrift store...Red, White and Blue... we tried to make it to a bead store...but we ran out of stream.LOL!!!


Every thing at Fabric Depot was 25% off!!!! and tax free!!!! 
Here are some of the beautiful batiks and trims I purchased.

Fabric Depot 1.5 acres of fun!!!!!

Red, White and Blue Thrift Store  ( I brought some (8) great purple storage crates for $1.99 each!!)



Day Two: 6 hour Marathon tax free!!!! shopping spree Downtown Portland!!! ( I can buy clothes  in the "regular" clothing departments now!!  Here is a cute sweater I bought for myself ...amongst other things...lol!!!)
My luscious chocolate mohair sweater!!



After shopping we enjoyed the  Embassy Suites' happy hour before having our 10th anniversary dinner at the hotel's Portland Prime Restaurant  (where I  was treated to dinner) .... followed by a hilarious slumber party!


Happy Hour!!!



Day three:  Attended our AME sister church  (Bethel AME Church) and experienced an incredibly Christ-centered  service!!!  A perfect way to end an incredible weekend trip with my "sisters"!

Then back on the train home...

Once home my beautiful and generous daughter came by to give me my birthday gift!!!
a signature set of Gucci Guilty Perfume products!!!!!  Heavenly!!!!
God-p gave me his traditional gift of a JoAnn's Gift Card ( his birthday is one day before mine)
and my mom gave me the most beautiful black and purple scarf ever!!!
I will be celebrating with Gay and Katie this weekend for our traditional birthday bash!!
And, my friends and colleagues at work are taking me out next week!!
Needless to say...once again this has been an incredible and blessed  birthday!!!!!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment