Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Quarter: 2010 Personal Targets Check - in... How am I doing?

Well.....

SPIRITUAL: To develop an even more intimate relationship with Christ. Totally trust God in all things regardless of the circumstances
I have been doing pretty good at letting go and trusting God in all things... with only a couple infractions. And, daily bible study could use some improvement ...I need to get better at not just craming for Monday's BSF. But, in Spirit the intimacy with my Lord and Savior just grows and grows. Thank God for His loving patience , daily mercy and grace!

COURAGE : I will do something I fear or feel is impossible for me to do...TBD
Still deciding on this one...probably because I have too many choices...lol

CREATIVE: Fearlessly and passionately pursue and create my art daily
Shoot! I am movin' and shakin'

DEVELOPMENTAL: Take Vietnamese and Vegetarian Cooking Class
Planning to take when work slows down in the Fall

EMOTIONAL: Always default to God’s joy and give praise when faced with stress and negativity
I have gotten so much better at this!!!! I don't even entertain negativity ...especially negative people...their actions or their thoughts....I just leave them to themselves. Sometimes you just have to let "poisonous" people go...

FAMILY: With unconditional love, encourage self-reliance and resist care-taking
The temptation is still there to care-take, but I have gotten much, much better at this. They try and I resist! ( for the most part...lol)

FINANCIAL: Increase my gross income by 20% and be better steward of my personal finances
I feel confident that I will meet or exceed this target

FITNESS: 10,000 steps daily – take weekly African Dance Class
Okay.....the truth... 10,000 steps...not even!!! But, I have researched an African Dance Class. I think I will go to the gym when my daughter goes and just walk on the treadmill...really ...I am ...really...tee hee

GLOBAL: Continued monthly support for my Women for Women International sister in Rwanda
Still on target...I need to write my Rwandan sister though

INTELLECTUAL: Take an anatomy drawing class and become more knowledgeable about personal financial planning and retirement options
I really need to get on this

LOVE: Remain open to and in anticipation of the possibility
I really need to get on this too!!!...my brother says he has a "hook up" for me

NEGATIVITY: Choose kindness over reprisal.
Have had lots of opportunities to test this one... and I ( with the help of the Lord have prevailed) Kindness reaps a more plentiful harvest than reprisal.

PASSION: Continue to work on making my Pammagination Exhibition a reality
I need to get back to my dolls!!!!!!!!

PERSONAL: Make my own needs, development, goals and health my highest priority
To my surprise I have really gotten good at this.... Want to hear it? here it go! "no!" "So sorry but I must decline" " Sorry but my time won't permit my involvement at this time" " I am confident that with a little time and research you can figure that out for yourself" "I need you to help me with this" ... yeah... I am getting real good at this and I am liking it!

PHYSICAL: Optimum Health – lose 1.5 to 2 lbs per week
Whoo hoo thanks to "Daniel" and now living a "Vegan-esque" lifestyle I am down 26lbs!!! I feel great!!

RESIDENTIAL: Have my yard landscaped and place new lighting fixtures throughout my house
Oh Lord, my yard still looks like crap!!! ... but the funds from my teaching will go to improve my yard

SOCIAL: Spent more time and be more attentive to friends and go out socially at least once a month
Started out strong this year...this has frizzled...I am too busy. I need to get back in the groove

SOCIETAL: Continue and increase Undoing Institutionalized Racism work and training.
On target!!!

VOCATIONAL: Work part-time teaching Bead Embroidery
Done, done, done!!! PTL

All and all I am not doing too poorly with my 2010 targets...will check in again in August.

1 comment:

  1. i'm going to the gym tomorrow ;) see you on the treadmill!!

    ReplyDelete