Saturday, February 4, 2012

Color theory and design ... one of the favorite locales in Pammagination !!!!

Those of you who know me, know that I buy a new book every time I receive a JoAnn's 50% off coupon.  You also  know that I love to read about color theory and design principles.    I just can't get enough!!!  The more I read the more I understand...the more I view the world from a totally different lens than many folks....  I stand in the grocery store line and analysis the colors in the blouse worn by the woman standing in line before me.  At a stop lights, I get fixated  on the colors , shapes and textures of the landscape surrounding me.  If eating out, I  even analysis the composition of  the food on my plate!!!  Through this lens, I am able to  find inspiration and learning/creative moments in and from just about anything that crosses my path!!!  It is exhilarating !!!!  and distracting at the same time ... especially ...if I should be focusing and working on something else!!!   But, I love having this  "sixth" sense!!  and anything that helps me to hone it.  It allows me to find joy in the midst of anything or situation.  Color theory and design ... one of my favorite locales in my Pammaginantion !!!!

Below is my new favorite book!!!  It's a real page turner!!! LOL  I couldn't wait to get home everyday this week to read it....fell asleep reading it....lol!

A Fiber Artist's Guide to Color and Design: The basics and beyond  ...by Heather Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment